Sunday, July 8, 2012

Moving on Up!

     I spent the morning with my wonderful husband, waking up to fruit and coffee.  After lounging around all morning, we decided to take a run on the Santa Fe trail.  I wanted to see if I could do 3 miles, so we walked 3 miles in at a slight incline (most of the way) and ran the 3 miles out at a slight decline (most of the way).  I want to get used to walking/running long distances.  I'm hoping if I can walk it, I can run it.

     I took my inhaler before we started out and foolishly left it in the car.  I really could have used it before I started running, but . . . all is good.  My lungs were a little tight, but not enough to stop my run.  If anything, my legs got tired before my lungs did this time.  It felt great to run that distance . . . even though when I stopped running and walked for a cool down, my head was spinning and my stomach slightly nauseous.  However, over all, it was a glorious run!  It was 75 degrees, but God opened the heavens and let it sprinkle down on us to keep us cool! 
     Not bad for not running regularly lately.  It's time to start training for that half marathon!  Perhaps losing some weight will make the running easier on my lungs as well!
     I have not given up!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment