Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Trail Running

I waited until the temperature dropped to 75 degrees (at 8:00 pm) before we headed out to the trail.  I wanted to run the whole 4 miles, but no go.  I did run/walk it though.  That slight incline just kills my lungs, but I'm pleased with the outcome.  I'm not as slow as I thought.  
     I started at 6,822' ran down to the first mile marker a few hundred feet away to 6,812' about sea level.  After that it was a steady incline for the next two miles, peaking at 6,955'.  I ran one consecutive mile at an average pace of 10.17 min/mile.  Woohoo!  I started the run at 9.06, which didn't last long at all and then I finished at 9.40.  I didn't think I was running that fast.  My legs felt like they were dragging, so I'm very proud!  
     My goal is ENDURANCE!  If I can run 10 min/miles for the full 4 miles, I will be ecstatic!  Then it'll be on to 6 miles . . . and then 8 . . . then 10 . . . 13.1.  It's beginning to look like it's doable!  If I can get the endurance down, I think I will not have a problem running a half marathon at sea level!  I'm getting excited now!  
     I forgot my knee bands, but surprisingly, my knees were okay.  At one point though, I started getting a shin splint.  I think the knee bands would have prevented that.  I don't know how many puffs of my inhaler I had to take.  Either it just doesn't help, or it's empty.  There's no way of knowing whether it is or not.  New ones are on the way!  :o)
     I'm hoping that once I start losing weight, it will be easier to run and that I won't have to take so many puffs of the inhaler!  
     All in all, it was a great run!  Yay for me!  Thanks to my buddy, Dave, for running with me and for all his support!  I wouldn't be able to do it without him!  <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment