30 minutes at Curves, a walk around the cul de sac with AmberDamberz and 3 miles of running equals 11,666 steps. :)
It was a windy 55 degree day, so it was much easier on my lungs to run . . . but on the ratwheel. I had no car, so I ran inside and finished watching Angela's Ashes. Odd story! And the title makes no sense whatsoever . . . unless Frankie was considered his mother's ashes. They were very poor and living in bad conditions. His father deserted them all - he went to England to work and most likely drank the money away, the drunk that he was. I liked him though! Frankie finally made enough money to make his way to the United States. That was the end of the movie.
I ran at 5.1 mph for 2.50 miles. I forgot my knee bands again and was going to try running without them, but my knees kepting knocking around, so on went the bands. No more knocky knees! At 2.5 miles, I decreased the speed to 4 mph and walked for almost a quarter mile. At 2.7 miles, I increased the speed to 5.5 mph and ran until I hit 3 miles. It felt great to run that fast. I felt like I could run faster, but again, didn't want to push it.
Diluting the Coconut water with half water worked beautifullly!! The first two miles were easy and felt rather slow. I want to be able to run a comfortable 3 miles before I increase the speed though.
I had an asthma attack at Curves, so I took my inhaler before running. It helped, but my lungs were still a little sore afterwards . . . even though I wasn't breathing heavy. I could be coming down with something. :(
Oh, and I forgot my hairdresser used to be a runner and let me know that I should have the ratwheel inclined slightly to simulate the outdoors. I've been running at a 0.5 incline the past couple of days. Not much, but it's enough for now.
I forgot to add that I ran at 3:00 in the afternoon - a time that I didn't think I would run again. I think the coconut water had been weighing me down before. Now that it's half diluted with water, it's not so heavy and thick on my stomach. I felt energized instead of sluggish with a heavy stomach!
ReplyDelete